Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Designed2Delight Artist's Challenge {Week 3}

Here I am with another contribution to the Designed2Delight Artist's Challenge! This week the digital stamp freebie 'Tweet Friend' included sentiments! I was so happy about that! :)
Now, before you go criticizing my coloring of the image, please hear me out......
I printed the image out on watercolor paper, as I always do, BUT I forgot to heat set the ink, as I should do. So I sat down with aqua painter in hand, ink tray at the ready, and just set to painting. First thing that happens is a huge SMEAR! {GRRR} Then the realization that I forgot the heat gun! Then a curse word!
But then I thought 'Gee Sherrie, that looks kinda cool, huh.' And I just went with it, and painted OUTSIDE THE LINES! I just let it flow. I tried not to get too carried away, and actually erased ink here and there with a paper towel, and then added brighter highlights in the end.
To tone it down a bit, I added a lot of sewing to the background papers and the image itself. To distract the eye...so to speak!! LOL! That bird is pretty bright! I utilized the blue sky as the inspiration for the background papers.
This card also uses the latest MOJOMonday sketch challenge, but rather loosely.
I added more sewing and pretty papers inside the card as well!

Hope you enjoyed my crazy card! You can pick this digi stamp up in Faith Skrdla's Designed2Delight shop RIGHT NOW!!

Sherrie
~
Tweet Friend Thank You Card
4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches
stamps: D2D Tweet Friend digital stamp and sentiments
paper: watercolor; Burmuda Bay, Chocolate Chip cs; Thoroughly Modern dsp
inks: Old Olive, Burmuda Bay, Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry
etc: sewing machine, curly label punch, buttons, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon
~

1 comment:

  1. Love your card- I always enjoy sewing on cards....pretty colors too. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so appreciated!