Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

February Delightfully Digital Party Challenge!


Hello! I hope you have all had a chance to jump over to the Designed2Delight CDAC group for the Delightfully Digital Party this weekend! There are some awesome challenges going on, and something fun Saturday too! Don't miss out! You could win one of several gift certificates to the Designed2Delight Digital Stamp Shop!

Here is the card I created for the Digital Challenge. This month we are supposed to create our own digital patterned paper with any D2D digi. I used the current freebie from Faith's progressive challenge 'Big Heart' and a new digi 'Kitty's Big Heart'.


Here is a look at my homemade digital paper before I colored it:


Not too good! When I created the paper using pixlr.com, the images were sharp, and they were supposed to be a Rose Red color. But when I printed them out on my white cardstock they were all blurry and more of a Rich Razzleberry color. I tried and tried to get them the way I wanted, but my printer seemed to think they looked great this way! There was a lot of COPY, PASTE, COPY, PASTE, COPY, PASTE, COPY, PASTE!!
So here is a picture after I added some Razzleberry and Regal Rose watercoloring to the images:


Much better, I'd say! So I went with the Razzleberry, Regal Rose, and Going Grey color scheme, because I knew the cat had to be gray!


That kitty is super cute! Hey! He's got my ribbon! Get back here cat! I NEED that!!

Hope you all join in the fun at CDAC! Faith has some surprises up her sleeve!

Have a totally creative weekend!

Sherrie


6 comments:

  1. Too cute!!! Love how you made the digital paper. Sounds like fun, I may have to try it for myself! I have 3 cats and they are the cutest darn things - lov'em to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherrie, what a lovely creation...sometimes when what we planned doesn't work, we end up with something ever better. Love the kitty image and can't wait to play with it. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Love your use of the image for a background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the background...I really like the addition of the watercolors.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so appreciated!