Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cranberry Freeze Recipe

Warm Winter Greetings!
We live near Spokane, Washington, and we are in the midst of a 'Blizzard Warning' with arctic temperatures this morning. We have accumulated about 4 inches of very dry snow, with wind speeds around 20 mph, and the drifts are piling high! We are in for negative 10 degree temps tonight, with a possible 4 to 8 addition inches of snow. Fun, huh??
Winter is here!!
So, I thought I would pass along a recipe that I just received from my mom! I have not tryed it yet, but it sounds wonderful, yet cold! LOL! Perfect for the Thanksgiving Feast!

Cranberry Freeze

1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, in juice

1 (16 oz) can whole cranberry sauce

½ cup chopped pecans (optional)

1 (8 oz) carton fat free sour cream

Instructions:


 
Drain pineapple.

Mash cranberry sauce well.

Combine all ingredients.

Pour into 9×9 inch baking pan and put in freezer.

Once frozen, cut into squares to serve.

Makes 12 portions, 2×3 inches each

YUM!!
If you give it a try, come back and let me know how you enjoyed it! :) And, if I get a chance to squeeze it into my menu, I'll give my full review as well!

Stay warm!

Sherrie


3 comments:

  1. Yummy!! We are in almost white-out conditions here, too. It's supposed to snow through Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Card layout ideas AND recipes?? I am in heaven!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Deb T.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so appreciated!