Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Belated Color Throwdown 176 Card Box and Note Cards

Hello fellow papercrafters and stampers!
I have a project to share with you that took several days to complete, inspired by the Color Throwdown Challenge #176. I did not know that the projects need to be linked to that site by the Sunday following each challenge, so I missed the deadline by 2 days. Now I know! :) I don't think I would have made it even if I knew, to be honest. I am a slow crafter, and 4 days just doesn't cut it!

Here is my card box:


I made this set for my friend April, who is a super great gal, with a take no prisoner's attitude! She loves country and rock n roll, and is sort of a gypsy spirit. She can sing karaoke like you would not believe! She's really cool! :)
So I tried to make the box reflect my feelings for her by using SU stamp sets True Friend and Charming. They went together really well, I have to admit.


The Soft Sky dsp was stamped randomly with the medallions from True Friend, and the script stamp from Charming, all in Chocolate Chip ink. I also added direct ink-to-paper distressing to all of the edges, layers, and elements with Chocolate Chip ink.
I added a little bit of fun sewing to the sentiment label, but am not too happy with it. I need more practice to look a little more precise-yet-random. ha!


I found these Velcro fastener stickers at Hobby Lobby for like a buck, and thought they'd be great on these card boxes. I was right! LOVE them!


Here is a shot of the note cards I created. The cards come together so easily after creating the box. It's like, all the hard work is done once the box is designed so all you have to do is match the cards to the box. It just flows freely.


Here are close-ups of each note card.
They each measure 3-1/2 by 4-1/4 inches.
This top one is my favorite of the group!






Here is a look at the inspiration provided by Color Throwdown:


Well, I am sad that I missed the deadline! I hope someone out there is internet space will find it and enjoy it as much as I do!

If you do feel inspired by my creation, share a link with me! I'd love to come by and see it!

Have the most creative day!

Sherrie

True Friend Card Box
stamps: True Friend, Charming, Canvas Bkgd, Best Yet, Hard to Say, and Blessings from Heaven, all SU; Thankful Hearts by Verve
paper: Western Sky dsp, Rose Red, Soft Sky, Kraft, White cs...SU
ink: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Versa Mark
etc: clear embossing powder, light blue pearls (Kaiser), button latte (SU), Soft Sky ribbon (SU), Rose Red seam binding (SU), ticket corner punch, Top Note Die (SU), sewing, foam dots, runner tape, glue dots, Velcro fastener



4 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous project... your friend, i am sure, will be absolutely thrilled with your gift. love the Colour scheme and the way that although each card is different, they are all coordinated with the beautiful card box... well done and cant believe that this project only took you days to complete... thats not the work of a slow crafter hahahaha would have taken me weeks.
    Love Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are simply beautiful, Sherrie. So glad you shared them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I LOVE the colors and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been surfing online more than 5 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours without a doubt. It’s pretty worth enough for me. Thanks...
    Eateries Along Beach Road

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so appreciated!