Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sisterhood Sundays #8 and Friday Mashup #43 Card Box

Okay...yes I am in love with these boxes! I just can't help it! I am super charged with creative energy making them.
This time I made an A-2 sized box, by tweaking the original dimensions with my husband, and also made it a little deeper. My husband is a whiz with numbers, and actually helped me create the dimensions for a 5-1/2 inch square box too. I am going to create a little picture tutorial for both as soon as I can, so watch for that soon. (And I am totally jacked up about creating a square box!)



The inspiration for this sweet box comes from the Stampin Sisterhood blog, and their Sisterhood Sunday Challenge #8. The inspiration photos are to die for! I have it posted below, and the deadline is Saturday, Feb 4th at midnight...if you feel inspired! :)


I just received the Spiral Blossom One die and the Foliage die in the mail from 7kidscollegefund.com (one of my favorite online shopping sites), and since they are new to me, I can enter my cute box into The Friday Mashup Challenge #43. It is actually a sketch challenge, with the second option to 'use something new', or to 'mash it up' by combining both options. The sketch wasn't working for me for the box top.....sorry. (but it's a good sketch!!)


These two photos show you where I hid my Velcro fastener. I used the SU Lots of Tags Label 1 Sizzlets die to make the tab, scored it in half, stitched on a Plum Pudding button, and adhered the tab under the box top. then I lined up the Velcro stickers and pressed. easy!
Doesn't it look more like a jewelry box?


Here is the inspiration from the Stampin Sisterhood.....gorgeous, right?


And the Friday Mashup inspiration........


Okay, so I have not finished the cards for this box yet, so I will post the pics when they are done! (say, I'd better go do just that, right now!)
I am thinking 'sympathy', 'congratulations', and 'praying for you' type cards. What's your feel?

Have the most creative day!

Sherrie

Purple Roses Card Box A2
stamps: Charming, Dreams du Jour, Beautiful Borders (SU)
paper: DCWV Stack 5 patterned paper; Choc Chip, Garden Green cs (SU), thin lavender cs (unknown origin)
inks: Choc Chip, Pale Plum, Garden Green (SU)
etc: Spiral Blossom One, Foliage dies (Spellbinders), Sizzlets Lots of Tags (SU),antique brads (SU), brads, vanilla decorative braid ribbon (WalMart), Plum Pudding button (PTI), runner tape, Tombow Multi adhesive, foam squares, glue dots, glue gun, Velcro fastener (Hobby Lobby)

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this! The flower is gorgeous, the leaves and crochet trim...
    Very nice project! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, you've done a faboulous job on this project. Thanks for joining us.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is stunning, I adore your flowers...luv the photo of you and dh, my dh and I travel on our motorcycle all the time...hope you have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherrie, Your projects are gorgeous! Love the flowers....

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I want this stunningly GORGEOUS creation! The colors are so rich and luxurious. Thanks for playing with the Stampin Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This
    is
    GORGEOUS!

    I'm such a fan of dimensional paper-crafting ... and this just makes me smile from the inside .. out!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful box! thanks for joining the friday mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous creation!! Thank you for sharing it at the Rubbernecker Stampin' Sisterhood Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so appreciated!