Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

For All You Do Birthday Card

This fantastic birthday card was made using SU's 'For All You Do' and 'Happy Thoughts' stamp sets. It is 4-3/4 inches square, and opens to the side. I stamped the stem onto Whisper white, and then stamped the flowers onto it where I knew I would add popped up, cut out flowers. I used a metal ruler to add the lines around the image, and punched the corners with the Ticket corner punch. The designer paper is 'Cottage Wall', which I am very fond of now! I machine stitched it to the layers of Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White.
The circular sentiment is stamped in Old Olive, and layered over circle and scalloped circle punched papers. The brads are from my old stash of HOTP products, which I forget to use all the time!! :) They match the Razzleberry perfectly! (I got lucky!) I threaded the polka dot ribbon through a slot punched in the main image, and it was not easy! It took several tries to get it tied just right!

The inside mirrors the front, with nice paper layers and machine stitching. I added the extra flower to further coordinate. I think it turned out rather well, and I may just have to make another one just like it! It is always good to have birthday cards on hand!
I was able to spend some time creating today, and finished several new cards. It snowed here all day, though it has pretty much melted now! (thank goodness!) I am still feeling like Fall...not Winter!! I made two any-occasion cards, and a cute birthday card with a bear and flowers! Very sweet! I will post pics here when I get them!
Have a great night! Hope you find time to create today!
Sherrie


1 comment:

  1. This card is just beautiful. What a lot of wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so appreciated!