Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

SweetnSassy Stamps Butterfly Gatefold

This is the first set (and only so far) of SweetnSassy stamps I have purchased. It is called 'In His Time' and it is fabulous! The butterflies in this set are so pretty, and the sentimentas are perfect! I know I will use this set over and over! I had originally made a card exactly like this one for my sister, and she liked it so much, I made another! The main colors are Cameo Coral, Taken With Teal, and Chocolate Chip. The flowers were made with SU's 'For All You Do' stamp set. I stamped the flowers with Coral, then heat embossed clear polka dots over the top and cut them out with my snips.
The base is Choc Chip, and the patterned paper is Thoroughly Modern dsp. I added sewing with white thread, Choc Chip satin ribbon, vanilla brads for the flowers, and some half pearls for femininity. Some very light sponging too! I am working on that skill. It does not come naturally to me, and I prefer a stipple brush!


Here it is opened completely. I really like making gatefold cards. They are so nice, and so easy to make. All you have to do is score your folds a little differently, decorate, and you're done!
ClearDollar Stamps just had a new release, and the stamps are mostly singles, which is all good, but they are so small, I am not sure if I want them. (SORRY CDS!) But I do have several of their previous sets on my Wish List that I am going to buy when I can afford to. They did just release a set for Prayer Cards, which I think is fantastic though, and it went right to the top of my chart!
Have you seen the new release by Verve???? SO GORGEOUS! I tryed to win the sets, but no, not me! Then, I went to buy them, and one set is sold out already!! They are that HOT! I made an all new Wish List just for Verve in my notebook, and it filled up fast! They have MANY awesome sets in their shop with my name written all over them! And, their design team ROCKS! Those gals make the most gorgeous cards and crafts...it just blows my mind! I added most of their blogs to my favorites! So brilliant! The talent is AMAZING!
So, there you go, my opinion for the day! BLAH! I have been brimming with excitement and have no one to talk to about it! My hubby does not want to hear about crafts, and my sons run away!!! Thanks for listening! :)
O.k...I've got to go stamp something!! I am home alone, and typing on the computer!! What's wrong with me?????
Have the most creative day!
Sherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are so appreciated!