Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sweet Stampin' Up! Only Cards

Hey!

Sorry I have been a bad blogger, but I have been busy working! I got a job as an in-home care giver, and I have been working for about a month now. I like it, and it sure feels good to make some money again! It's so empowering! I feel so good!

I made these two cards on World Card Making Day, (I know....almost two weeks ago!) for my vitual Stampin' Up! hostess group. We place our orders with our demo each month, with a set minimum purchase amount, and we all rotate being the hostess each month. That way we can enjoy our SU goodies without having to throw a party each month, and still get hostess bennies! I like it a lot!
I was the hostess in September, and boy do I love my new free stuff!!

Our demo posted a couple of challenges for WCMD, with prizes, so I HAD to join in the fun! :)



The first card challenge was to make a 'Re-Make' card by choosing a card in the current SU catty, and remake it by changing the colors or stamps used, but keeping the layout. I chose the card on page 111, which uses Pacific Point and Old Olive, and the Bluberry Crisp dsp.
I used Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie, and the new Sweet and Sour Specialty dsp for my butterflies. I love that paper! It is beauitful!
I am going to send this card to my baby sister in Dallas, Texas, because she just sent me the prettiest necklace! She's so sweet!

This second card was created for a challenge that required us to use at least two of the new In-Colors, and two current punches. I used Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz, the new Decorative Label punch, and a circle punch. Those new glittery brads are so pretty, I am so glad I bought those! (Yes, I spend a lot of money on SU products! I am addicted!!)
I actually won this challenge, and got to pick a new punch from the catty. My choice is the new 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch! Can't wait to get that!
I have a lot of SU stuff that I have not even used yet! It is sad almost, but I will use it sometime! LOL!! Right??

Okay, that's it for me today! I've got to get off this computer and make some new Designed2Delight creations! The team has been extremely busy while I have been at work! LOTS of catching up to do!

Have the most creative day!

Sherrie

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! I especially love how delicate the second one is with the pastel color scheme and the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherrie! These are soo PRETTY! Love these butterflies from SU! And congrats on your job =D My niece worked as an in home caregiver as well all during H.S. and college and she's now a nurse at the hospital. I'm glad you have another source of income--that certainly would feel good! =) YAY YOU! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful cards! I was also addicted to Su! I sold it just to get the discount costs! lol! But now I am "clean". It was a long hard road...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so pretty. I especially love those butterflies and colors! I must ask...where did your son Josh get that hat? Love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so appreciated!