Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lovin' Designed2Delight Digital Stamps a 'Latte'!

I am back again with another card for the Designed2Delight Artist's Challenge, designed and hosted by Faith Skrdla of Designed2Delight Digital Stamps.
This week the free digital stamp is a super cute cup of java, or cocoa if you please, AND a set of fabulous sentiments to go with it!! Isn't that awesome?
Here is what I came up with:
Honestly, I could not figure out how to add and print out the sentiment below or above the cup of joe. So I just printed all of the sentiments out on a seperate sheet of cardstock, and cut out the one I wanted. I printed out the cup several times too, on Whisper White cs, {you'd think I'd learn!!} and actually watercolored several of them before I gave up in frustration and settled on this one. I did not mean to make the cup so Regal Rose, but the black ink does not like me, and blurred and blotched, and fuzzed and finicked me to death! I just kept adding more and more color until I could not see any evidence of it! Then I added Real Red highlights for shadow and dimension, and Bashful Blue around the whole image to clean up the edges. Then I walked {stomped} away! :)
I added Crystal Effects to the hearts and glitter to the cream topping to distract the looker!

The White satin bow and button are super easy to do, and added some soft femininity to my card!


I punched out the hearts from a seperate mug, and colored them, Crystal Effected them, and adhered them inside the card. Super cute!
Want a free digital stamp from Designed2Delight? Become a member of Faith's Paper Craft Planet group, and get a beautiful cupcake digi just because! It's so pretty...you will not want to miss out! Trust me!
Thanks for dropping in and putting up with me!
Go stamp something!
Sherrie

3 comments:

  1. OMG! Your card is beautiful!!! I think I need to case it for myself!!!!! You did a really awesome job!!! Hugs, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I LIKE that red cup!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is BEAUTIFUL, Sherrie!! I never would have guessed that you had so much trouble! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so appreciated!