Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Some Valentine's Day Tags

Hey there everyone!
I just want to share some things I have been up to this week! I am excited about Valentine's Day, and have been digging around in my hoarded stash of stamping bliss, and dug out everything I have that is red, pink, white, fuzzy, shiny, velvety, heart shaped, and all together Valentine delicious!! My stamping station looks very {messy} beautiful and inspiring covered with all the bright treasures of this upcoming holiday! One of the great finds I came upon was the Stampin' Up! set 'Love You Much'. I used it several times last year, and remember being disappointed that I had not used it more! So, I made three sets of tags for treats and gifts for Valentine's Day! (As well as some cards and little note cards! ~ which I will post soon! :) The heart tags were stamped with red pigment ink, and heat embossed with clear powder, making them all shiny and raised. I cut them out and adhered them to red cardstock, and cut them out AGAIN!! I handstitched the polka-dot ribbon and shiny red buttons to the tags with thick craft thread. I love them just like this!
These friendship tags are super cute too! I stamped the birds on white cardstock, and then again on Regal Rose cardstock, with Razzleberry ink, and cut out the pink bird bodies. I attached them over the white birds with small glue dots. I added Crystal effects to each little heart, and cut the corners with a Ticket Corner punch. Then I used pop up foam dots to adhere the birdies to the scalloped Razzleberry square, which is a punch as well. I tied sheer white ribbon to the corners. Too easy!

This last set features the circular sentiment and heart stamp, stamped on both Chocolate Chip and Vanilla watercolor paper. I added some watercolored red highlights and clear embossing to the hearts, cut them out and popped them up with small glue dots. I used my white pigment ink pen to add dots around the scallops, but am not too happy with the results. I need a new white pen! If you recommend a specific one, please share details!! :)
I am going to add these to my etsy shop this weekend, as well as the Valentine's Day cards and note cards I mentioned. As soon as I have enough time! I am really in a creating mood, and have several more ideas brewing in my head! I love it when that happens! Don't want to waste my mojo on the computer all day!! Even though it is quite fun!
O.k...on with the show!
Go stamp something!!
Sherrie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are so appreciated!