Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Warm & Cozy Winter Recipes {Day 1}

Hello you!
It's the first day of December. It's snowing. There is Christmas music on the radio. The fire is crackling in the wood stove. It's nice and cozy inside. So what's a gal to do (besides paper crafts!)? Bake of course!!
 I thought it would be fun to share some of my most cherished recipes with you! Some are family recipes, and some are just random recipes I have gathered over the years. I will post a different one everyday this month, so get your index cards ready! I have tried all of them, and can assure you that they are fabulous!
Cozy, warm, and comforting!


Best Ever Banana Bread
(from the kitchen of my Aunt Patti Wilkinson)
makes 2 loaves
~
ingredients:
3/4 c. shortening
1-1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
3/4 c. milk
2 c. mashed bananas (4-6) -six is best!
2Tbsp. lemon juice
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3-1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans

instructions:
Mash bananas and lemon juice, set aside. Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and beat thoroughly until very light and fluffy. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beat after each addition; fold in bananas and nuts. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350F for about 1 hour. Cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove and cool on wire rack.

I love that this recipe makes 2 loaves of bread! We eat one, and freeze the other! It's wonderful for breakfast too!

Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow for Day 2 of my all-time favorites!

1 comment:

  1. I love the recipes! Great ideas for baking gifts this year.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so appreciated!