Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

A Sweet Birthday Card

Hello stampers!
It has been a while since I posted to my blog, so I thought I'd better get with it! I am not really sure that anyone really missed me, but I can dream, can't I?
I have been busy doing yard work, getting my garden prepped for the season, and stamping of course!!
Here is one of my latest creations:
I used a stamp set from Inkadinkado for the sentiment and cupcake images. I'd have to say that this is one of my favorite sets from Inkadinkado. It is super cute!
I stamped and heat embossed the cupcake twice, and layered it on the die cut circles after watercoloring it with Stampin' Up! inks and an aqua brush.
The ruffled ribbon idea is from Ashley Cannon Newell, she does wonderful things with ribbon! AND STAMPS!! I wanted to try this technique and look, so here it is! Just runner adhesive and ribbon. I used a few glue dots to keep the ruffles in place, it was so easy, and I love the way it looks!

Okay, I hope you like it too! :)

Gotta go!

Sherrie
~
Sweet Birthday Wishes
4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches
stamps: Inkadinkado -Birthday Cupcake
papers: SU - Razzleberry Lemonade dsp, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White cardstocks
ink: Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Basic Black
etc: clear embossing powder, nesties, Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon, aqua brush, dimensional dots
~

1 comment:

  1. Love your card! I am a sucker for anything cupcake!! Also love what you did with your ribbon :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so appreciated!