Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fabric Friendship Card

Good Morning! Today is Wednesday! Where did the week go? Yikes!
The card I am sharing with you today is super fun and easy. I love to add fabric squares to my cards, and this one has a designer fabric I found by Alexander Henry, at Hawthorne Threads.
What grabbed my attention to this fabric was that it matches the new In-Colors by Stampin' Up! perfectly. It contains every color! There are 4 diffrent swatches that I purchased, and I cannot wait to make more cards with them!
This particular card uses the butterfly fabric, which I layered and stitched onto Pomegranate, then Kiwi and onto the Melon base. I frayed the fabric edges carefully to show there is actually fabric there, not paper! Then I stamped the element and sentiment stamps from SU 'Great Friend' in Kiwi and Pomegranate, sponged it slightly and added a few dots, then attached it with foam dots over Melon grosgrain. I added Leafy Branch and Flower Fusion die cuts, and a couple of brads to pin it all down! Super sweet and easy to make! I like those kind of cards!


Inside, I stamped cute flowers from SU 'For All You Do' and sponged all around in Melon and Pomegranate, then stitched some more! Cute!
Well, I am off to pick up my little one from preschool, run to the bank and do a little shopping! Maybe I will find some great Christmas stamps! Or gorgeous paper! Wait....I am going to the grocery store!! Dang it!
Hope you find time to stamp today!
Sherrie


1 comment:

  1. The card is very quite. nice pick of flower. Butterfly is very beautiful looking for them. The grace of the card is very stylish.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so appreciated!