Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

WSC102 My VERY late card!

I created this card last Friday using the WSC102 sketch challenge from Beate's blog. But, I never got around to posting it. I've got to get on top of that! One hard thing about that is, that I have dial-up Internet service, and it takes WAY TO LONG to do anything online. So I have to pick and choose by how much time I have to sit and wait!

So, this card uses Papertrey Ink's Autumn Abundance stamp set. The color combo is Old Olive, Bravo Burgundy, Elegant Eggplant, and More Mustard. I got the combo right off of the SU Color Wheel, because I knew the flowers were going to be yellow-ish. And this jumped out at me. I really like the combo! I used my aqua painter and dye inks to watercolor the stamped image, then cut it out with nesties. I wanted to add a sentiment, but it looks so good without one, so I added the half pearls where I thought I would have placed the sentiment. And it worked out! The patterned paper is SU's Autumn Vine dsp, and the long Burgundy strip has been embossed with a folder.
I plan on making more cards with this stamp set, it is so great! Hey, maybe I should buy more PTI stamps, huh?? Then we won't get tired of seeing this one over and over! (light bulb!) I think they have a new release on the 15th of each month. I will have to go see if there are any sneak peeks going on! Fun fun!
Go stamp something!
Sherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are so appreciated!