Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Snowman Christmas Card Wannabe.....!

This little guy is so cute! I love snow men/ladies! This card was inspired by a similar card by Kim Teasdale, although her card is WAY WAY better than mine! Hers featured many more layers and sewing, and nicer sponging and coloring, and also had Charlie as the 'snowhorse'! Super cute! But, here is my feeble attempt to mimic her talent and artistry.........not so good! I am actually quite embarressed by the sewing! For whatever reason, I just could not keep it straight, and when using dark thread, it shows vividly! I would probably feel better about this card if I had gotten it nice and staight.
The background paper is from SU, and I ran it through my CB with the Snowflake folder. I sanded the flakes slightly for more dimension. I stitched the papers to Brilliant Blue cardstock. Mr. Snowman was stamped on Whisper White and watercolored with dye inks, then cut out with nesties. I tryed my best to sponge on a sky background....but seriously need to practice that a LOT! I added Liquid Applique for puffy snow. The scalloped circle is heat embossed with sparkly powder, and I added sheer ribbon, a felt snowflake and some brads to finish things off.
The inside of the card features better sewing than the front!! :)

So, all in all, I think I have nothing on Kim Teasdale!! :) But I will certainly be practicing!!
O.k...off I go to get some chores done and do more stamping! The latest Caardvarks challenge is up and it is an easy one! 'Color it!' I am in!!
Stamp something today!!
Sherrie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are so appreciated!